Through participation in the workshop students will:
- Understand what engineers do and how they use the engineering design process.
- Learn how their own interests and skills can lead to a career in engineering.
- Understand the range of opportunities a career in engineering has to offer.
- Understand how energy is transferred using different experimental models.
- Understand a range of sustainable energy sources and the role engineers play in green energy / sustainable technologies.
Energy Quest has been designed so it links to the science and D&T curricula across England, Wales and Scotland. It is also informed by the Gatsby Benchmarks in England linking curriculum learning to careers and providing encounters with employers.
A breakdown of how the Energy Quest workshop links to the school curriculum can be found on pages 3-4 of the teacher supporting information document.
Workshops can be delivered virtually or in the classroom depending on your school's needs.
All workshops are delivered by a facilitator, with your support to ensure students are engaged and the science experiments are carried out safely and effectively.
More information on how to set-up the workshop can be found in the teacher guide.